• April 25, 2024, 12:37:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New interest and beginning research.  (Read 2031 times)

lemniscate13

• View Profile
New interest and beginning research.
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:54:28 AM »

Greetings! I've just started doing the necessary research into motors and batteries and have come up a bit short. I started by doing the math, but I think I'm off and perhaps that's not the way to go. What I am looking for is any guidance on the type of motor and batteries required to get a 65 mph bike with a hundred mile range. I believe this is near the limit of range available and am really trying to see what I would need to get a bike that can go a distance. Any assistance would be quite welcome!

My thanks,

lem

frodus

• View Profile
Re: New interest and beginning research.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 12:44:19 AM »

It will be hard to do 100 mile range on a diy conversion. Zero and Brammo might be worth looking into.

If you're set on Building something then look at zero drive trains and see if you can buy one...  Or at least the pack.

Its hard to fit batteries on a bike for that much range.
Travis

Guba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:27:48 PM »

Hello everyone, what a great forum! I'm also trying to research a conversion project.  What I've read here so far has been great, although the website for ElectMotSprts seems to be non-existent. Is there another site to look for parts? I'm looking to convert a Honda Rebel, so I'm trying to find a compatible motor/battery/controller.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 03:33:45 AM »

You might want to give this forum a try:   http://www.elmoto.net/content.php
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]