• April 24, 2024, 07:05:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Just taken delivery of my DS....and a small film of first ride !  (Read 1055 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile

I took delivery of my DS yersterday and went for a ride road+trail in my area with the GoPro on my chest. The raw uncut (sorry I don't have time right now) is here:
I have some strange noise from the rear shock even with rebound at full speed or more damped..... don't know if the rear shock will last !!! Futhermore I have 2 different noises from the rear shock: one hydraulic that you will here on the video when off-road and one metallic from the spring taking his place. This last one should occur only once and then the spring should be seated but no, it continue to happen a lot, don't know why ever !!!
I'm doing my round trip to work today and back tuesday to try the range.

Happy sunday to all
Laurent

vchampain

• View Profile
Re: Just taken delivery of my DS....and a small film of first ride !
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:33:27 PM »

Bravo ! I recognized Lyon's countryside views...

Short Zero view in Paris :

wainair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:11:38 PM »

Your blinker is on... :P  LOL Congrats! That looks like great fun. The sound your getting from the rear shock, not the spring clicking but the hydraulic sound, do you think you would have been able to hear that on an ICE bike? I'm not saying your bike doesn't need some sort of adjustment but I think some sounds heard on an EV are things that would never be noticed on an ICE bike because of the extra noise of the exhaust. Could it just be the normal sound of the shock?  Regardless of whether it is normal or not if the sound is bothering you it needs to be resolved. Congrats again, and I love your colour choice!!
There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 02:53:45 AM »

Your blinker is on... :P  LOL
Not all the time !!! I will add a "beeper" with 2 diodes as I have do with all my other bikes + it could be used as a "warning" sound. For the rear shock I'm riding downhill mountain bike a lot during summer times and I'm used to rear shock setting and function. Shouldn't be an air mix with oil sound like that. The last time I had that was the piggyback reservoir was not pressurized enough. So  the sound was not air+oil but oil+emptiness if you see what I mean (I'm french speaking), emptiness due to the vaccum of the hydraulic piston during the rebound. The piggyback as a pressurized space separate from oil with a floating piston to avoid "emptiness" creation.
When shall we have our Fox aftermarket rear unit ?!?!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 03:31:31 AM »

I had an Ohlins shock installed on an R1150R and it made a loud clunking sound when hitting bumps and the dampening was poor.  It turned out that the shock had not been pressurized at the factory.  I took it to an Ohlins dealer, who dumped in about 350 psi of nitrogen and all was well again.

I wouldn't hold my breath for an aftermarket shock manufacturer to come out with a shock for the Zero range because the potential market is very small at this time.  There was a fellow on the Brammo forum who tried to fit an Ohlins shock on his Empulse and had nothing but problems getting it to work.  It didn't take long for Ohlins to loose interest in the project.  I think he went in another direction and had a shock custom made for his bike, but it took a lot of money, time and effort to accomplish that task.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]