• April 24, 2024, 01:25:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: F A S T C O M P A C T CHARGER 1 hour 7.5kW for ZERO!  (Read 15143 times)

Burton

• View Profile
Re: F A S T CHARGER 1 hour 7.5kW for ZERO!
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2014, 06:43:27 AM »

Very nice find!

I need to start on my charger build this week now I have the RFID build complete. Still waiting on my J1772 to come in though -_-

How will you know if you are under the amps of your 208V power supply? Or are you going to turn them all the way down then slowly turn them up together?
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2014, 08:14:40 AM »

Hi Burton,

Well as you know i have two 48V 42A in parallel then the output is connected in serie with a 24V 80A. to adjust the amp or voltage i only need to adjust the single  24V power supply because it is the one in serie so the total amp is controllee by just one since the amp are the same when in serie =)

For the 208V i have a volt/amp meter display so i know in real time the AC current at the input.

But  I can adjust it by testing the charger at full power ( when battery is approaching the full charge on a 208V  source and dial the pot to not allopw more than the 30A the charge station can do.

because the cahrge stations are mostly 30, 32 and 40A i  just need to place a mark on the current adjust knob to note wich position correspond to the 30A at 208V at full power and ado the same for the 240V ;)

Doc

Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2014, 06:08:48 PM »

Actually I have two in series ... or will have I should say. I didn't buy the 12v yet. I wanted to see how much of a charge I can get out of just two to save some cash.

I am going to start prepping my work area for the build tomorrow and might go out and get some 6 ga wire  which isn't flexible.

BTW, what is the length of your extension cord and how do you like that length? I have 30' of both red and black flexible wire and I am trying to plan how long the cord should be. I was thinking 15' leaving 15' for everything else.

Have you tested the external potentiometer yet to see how low you can get the input current to drop? I wonder if you could run two of the RSP-2000's on one 120v 20amp circuit and if so what the output would be ;)

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2015, 12:48:58 AM »

I suggest you guys to also Watch for some very great deal on eBay!!  technology evoluate and powerfull and compact DC source become less expensive over the last years!  The Eltek Flatpack power supply also called 48V Rectifier  are awsome solution! these are cheaper than the meanwell and offer constant current and constant Voltage limiting and efficiency up to 97%.

I recently found some that are 2 time more compact than the RSP-2000 for the same power on ebay!

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

nunux59

• View Profile
Re: F A S T C O M P A C T CHARGER 1 hour 7.5kW for ZERO!
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2015, 02:18:39 AM »

Hi Doc,

I am thinking of putting 4 Eltek 2s2p to charge faster my Brammo Empulse R. Do you think that the stock 53.5v so 107v  in series to charge the batteries enough and let the onboard charger finish the job while charger effectively faster. I have no idea of what is the SOC at107v.
This setup would be added to the onboard 3kw charger so it would charge to around 10kw.

What do you think of this solution? Is there any risks?
Thanks in advance.

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2015, 08:01:30 AM »

Nunux59 I would suggest starting by measuring your pack voltage at various SOC before committing to this idea.

It shouldn't be hard to do and it won't cost you anything.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 06:05:29 PM »

3.82 volts per cell should put you around 60% SOC.

Aren't the Eltek chargers 3kW each? Or are you using a different model than the onboard charger?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

nunux59

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2015, 02:49:40 AM »

When putting on charge today I was at 75% SOC while 109V so 60% for 107V looks probable, I will test tomorrow or next week.

I am planning to put four Eltek flatpack2 HE in addition to the onboard charger that occurs to be also an Eltek but a different model. The Eltek flatpack2 HE have a nominal voltage of 53.5V and require modding to go to 57.5V. There is a mod for the non HE models that -may- work on the HE but I am not really sure. 60% SOC is definitely not enough for a "fast charge" so I will not buy the PSUs before being sure that I can change the voltage.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]