• April 25, 2024, 07:58:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Damage done during 24 Hours of Electricross  (Read 1853 times)

picasso

• View Profile
Damage done during 24 Hours of Electricross
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:10:08 AM »

Just thought I'd post some of the stuff I found on my bike after the race. I have some more pics I will post soon. This Zero X was only 3 days old when it entered the 24 hour race. We never had to change any part on the bike during the race. But we also happened to be the slowest team. No MX riders on our team.

Rear brake line, not even sure how it got rubbed. It's well out of the way, and cant reach rear tire from the point of the line that got rubbed. I think some dirt got caked on the tire during track wet down times.

Right side frame/fork bump stop and rivit?

And just a last pic to show what happens when you don't keep an eye on
chain tension.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:14:27 AM by picasso »

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Damage done during 24 Hours of Electricross
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »

Thanks a lot for sharing those pictures!  Did you make Zero aware of them?  The brake line damage and the weld being worn down are potentially serious failures waiting to happen.  How loose beyond recommended tightness was the chain, do you remember?

Can you see a way to relocate the brake line in a way that will prevent the wear?

Thanks again.

picasso

• View Profile
Re: Damage done during 24 Hours of Electricross
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:06:48 AM »

The chain had a good 4-5" of flex to it, We checked it a few times during the race and did adjust it a few times. By the time the end of the race hit we just slacked off on checking. I'm not worried about the weld failing it still has a good amount of weld "meat" on it.

The bike easily out lasted all of our riders.
Pages: [1]