• April 25, 2024, 04:02:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Any regrets or buyers remorse?  (Read 6675 times)

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
Re: Any regrets or buyers remorse?
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »

No regrets so far (2 months into it). I did a ton of research, so went into it understanding the limitations. I work 7mi away from home, through a winding 2 lane 30-45mph road. So the use of the Zero S is near ideal. Loving the feeling of floating over the road & hearing the birds chirp in the morning.

sounds like a perfect FX set up ;)
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 06:59:34 AM »

I'll probably try the S at our local dealer this week-end. This bike is clearly the best mix of use/fun, but the price of the FX is appealing but I would sure have some range issue, a trip in town is 1 hour with a few minutes of highway. I'll have to consider if it's OK to buy the S 2013, knowing that the evolution of the technology is going at speed of light. I may wait for 2014.
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2013, 10:31:24 PM »

OK guys I just tried it yesterday :) This is soooo smooth, and so much small in comparison to my DRZ400, it seems small because it's low and lightweight. While on it, I felt like I was on a toy, what a strange feeling. At my surprise, acceleration is increasing with the speed! I felt like if I was in a roller coaster :)

With this smooth behavior I did not feel my adrenaline that much. But you have to know that I did loose a lot of adrenaline driving my DRZ from year to year (since 2005). I would certainly get more adrenaline with the FX, but a guy from Zero came Thursday and brought back the batteries of their FX demo, so I could not try it unfortunately. They are going to replace it, don't know why.

The lack of adrenaline is not that much an issue because I would really prefer to drive it slowly, hearing the birds and taking my time at stops :) The S is definitely a better choice than the FX, especially their 11.4 demo with a 2600$ rebate for the end of the season. This would probably allow me to go to my parents 130 km from here. I would also be able to go to work, about once or twice a month (I usually work from home) which is also 130 km.

I'll have to think about it for the next weeks/months.
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2013, 12:13:17 AM »

What really got my attention initially was all the 2012 Zero owners who were comparing  the improved specs of the 2013 when it first came out wishing they had bought the 2013 rather than the 2012. Second was the test ride, and 3rd was the outstanding deal I made when I bought mine. Best bike I've ever owned for the way I usually ride. About the only thing likely to change that is when the 2014s come out. With a big leap in battery technology to less weight, longer range, along with better acceleration, or higher sustained speed, then I would be remorseful until I bought one of those.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »

I don't think we'll see huge updates for 2014. There will be a couple of minor niceties .. still have my fingers crossed that Zero will build a multi-kW charging system. We'll see.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 11:01:36 PM »

I'm a little late to this discussion but here are some thoughts.

Just rode my 2012 Zero S across the country (USA).  No buyer's remorse (or even close), my Zero has brought me huge amounts of joy!  I've been riding mine since Feb 2012 and love it! 

The FX is an amazing adrenaline pumping bike, but I really appreciate the range on my S.  I don't need it, but it's nice to use it daily and not even have to think about range.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »

ben:

Saw a line of perhaps a dozen electric scooters with small vertically-mounted triangle flags riding on 12th ave in Nashville today. They look very much like the Xenon bikes (Xenon is based in Nashville, I need to go pay them a visit).

Any idea if these were related to the Ride the Future tour?

Edit: after some googling, it appears this was the Nashville Scooter Tour.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:31:55 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

nicktulloh

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:58 AM »

Just rode my 2012 Zero S across the country (USA).  No buyer's remorse (or even close), my Zero has brought me huge amounts of joy!  I've been riding mine since Feb 2012 and love it! 

The FX is an amazing adrenaline pumping bike, but I really appreciate the range on my S.  I don't need it, but it's nice to use it daily and not even have to think about range.

This.

What are you running for tires? I've found the Avons to be stellar (on the S, not the FX, obviously).

SK

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »

This.

What are you running for tires? I've found the Avons to be stellar (on the S, not the FX, obviously).

My S ride is somewhat bumpy also  :o  -Which model of AVON tires did you upgrade with and has it affected range?

SK

nicktulloh

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »

This.

My S ride is somewhat bumpy also  :o  -Which model of AVON tires did you upgrade with and has it affected range?

SK

Avon AM26, less than $200 the set from Motorcycle Superstore. Absolutely transformed the bike. Range? Anecdotally I think it's improved.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2013, 04:28:53 AM »

The tires that came with the bike lasted me 10,000+ miles and I had them changed even though they had a few hundred more on them.  If I hadn't done a couple of extended burnouts they would still be on the bike!

Protomech, the woman who owns the Nashville Scooter Tours company came up with the Ride the Future Tour, her name is Susan Jones.  You probably saw Dominique, who rode one of those scooters across the country, leading the Nashville Scooter tour.  If you see her leading the Nashville tour again, tell her you know me and she'll get a kick out of it. 

Would have been cool to meet you along the way.  Next time...  ;-)
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]