• April 25, 2024, 11:57:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Location of BMS on 2013 Zero FX  (Read 1081 times)

mr1396

• View Profile
Location of BMS on 2013 Zero FX
« on: June 21, 2013, 03:18:38 AM »

Just got a 2013 FX was wondering were the BMS is, the owners manual shows for a different bike and also do you need to bleed the air out of the forks that much?

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Location of BMS on 2013 Zero FX
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 03:50:04 AM »

Each battery module contains a separate BMS.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:22:02 AM »

I wish I knew more about air in the forks. If there is a difference between bleeding the air and not draining, I don't notice it. Someone says it is mostly for aggressive dirt riding with lots of bouncing that you may need to bleed the air. I've stopped doing it. One thing that did need attention is the compression rebound if you have the same forks as the S model...those adjustable screws on each fork near the bleed screws. Turns out I needed to start with those both turned clockwise until they were completely screwed in (don't force of course). That was fine, but I turned each one 2 clicks counterclockwise (there is a slight click that you can hear and feel as you turn the screws) from that and the shocks still rebound OK. Before they were really clunky/noisy whenever I would hit almost any sharp bump even small ones at slow speeds. I like your model, but the seat ht. is too tall for me. Should be a blast to ride though.

mr1396

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »

I was just wondering we're the led lights were for the status of the battery, the manual is not specific and the picture looks like from the ds or s model. The picture is on page 6.2 of the FX/XU owners manual. Maybe on the FX you have to take off one of the protective covers?

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »

On my S, they are behind the front wheel. I bend down and look toward the back from the front of the bike just behind the front wheel. Those show the full charge a few minutes before the green led on the instrument panel stops flashing. You can tell when the battery is nearing full charge also when there is no heat in the computer charging cord, but I know it takes a half hour per bar to charge mine.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:48:55 AM by dkw12002 »

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »

On the plug in batteries on the FX they are on each battery module but are not visible because of the physical orientation.

Trikester

BTW - On my trike conversion they will both be visible because of how I mounted the batteries. 8)
Pages: [1]