• March 29, 2024, 09:12:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Did everyone get the same tires on their Zero S?  (Read 1055 times)

dkw12002

• View Profile
Did everyone get the same tires on their Zero S?
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »

My tires are IRC 110/70-17 54H (rated for 130 mph), and have you gone through a set of tires yet? Mine are fine on dry pavement, but with water on the road, you have to be really careful not that I ever plan to ride in the rain. I can't find any reviews of these tires.

vchampain

• View Profile
Re: Did everyone get the same tires on their Zero S?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »

Yes. These are very cheap tires, not adapted to the bike's great torque. They should be wider (to increase the contact surface) & of better quality.
Once you get used to it, it is ok (accelerate slowly on wet roads & even dry pavements), but the best is probably to change (60 euros) the back tire.

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »

Yes. These are very cheap tires, not adapted to the bike's great torque. They should be wider (to increase the contact surface) & of better quality.
Once you get used to it, it is ok (accelerate slowly on wet roads & even dry pavements), but the best is probably to change (60 euros) the back tire.

The hard, skinny tires are a tradeoff of grip for range.

Wider tires will cut your range by maybe 10%.

amahoser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:58:07 PM »

I accelerate hard on dry pavement with the stock tires and they do just fine.. Cornering with the IRCs I find no problem. In the rain, they seemed composed but of course, I take it easy in the rain. So far, the tires seem fine to me. Btw, the IRCs are the original equipment tires on a Kawaskia Ninja 300.

Jose Soriano

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »

IRC tires for sure. The Ninja 300 rear uses a 140/70 compared to the 130/70 Zero S tire.
Pages: [1]