• March 29, 2024, 02:51:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2012 DS/S Front Brake  (Read 1090 times)

BSDThw

• View Profile
2012 DS/S Front Brake
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »

We had some discussion hear and some think the brake is "lousy"  and some do Stopies!

I have  disassembled mine and it don't look to good!

There are 2 rubber seals one has a crack and the other was squeezed during installation and as a result the bold is total rusty.

Maybe more of us suffer of things like this.

Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

trikester

• View Profile
Re: 2012 DS/S Front Brake
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 12:19:40 AM »

As much as I like Zero and the bikes, I will say that they are lacking in the QC dept.

My 2010 DS had a tube in the front tire that was twisted so tightly that one section was not inflating at all. Then the 2013 FX had the front tire on backwards. There were some assembly issues with the 2012 DS but I can't remember the details now. Your discovery of the brake caliper miss-assembly just further illustrates the lack of QC on the assembly line. Of course the best way to have a quality product is to build it in and not have to inspect it in. Proper training of assembly people is essential! I my opinion Zero has not been training the people well enough and they do need QC oversight.

Today I do a mountain fire-road ride where I will be many miles from any other person. I have to trust my FX to get me up the mountain and back down without trouble.

Trikester
Pages: [1]