• April 27, 2024, 12:57:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 MX in action  (Read 1249 times)

emotofreak

• View Profile
2013 MX in action
« on: June 12, 2013, 05:50:34 AM »

1st decent 2013 MX footage I have seen. Looks like it rips!

dkw12002

• View Profile
Re: 2013 MX in action
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »

Thanks for posting. I was rooting for the Zero. Just a couple of muddy spots would work to the Zero's favor. Somewhere there is a video of another Zero...DS I think doing this in muddy conditions. The lighter weight and high torque gave the Zero an advantage. The 2-strokes were getting stuck and killing the engines trying to get out.

drivin98

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »

Good to see some footage finally and I really love this style of racing. Frustrating watching this guy ride, though. It looked like the Zero could reel in the bike ahead no problem, but the rider couldn't clinch the deal. He also seemed to be confused about which way to go a few times.

Still, makes me look forward to seeing more.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »

I'm told that Zero are no longer selling the MX because they haven't built the chassis strong enough for what the bike is now capable of.  A CRF is espected to land a tabletop from 60 feet up and an MX would just snap in half.  Just compare the size of the rear shock on the Zero to an established MX bike.

drivin98

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »

I'm told that Zero are no longer selling the MX because they haven't built the chassis strong enough for what the bike is now capable of.  A CRF is espected to land a tabletop from 60 feet up and an MX would just snap in half.  Just compare the size of the rear shock on the Zero to an established MX bike.

That's a pretty serious charge. You have a source you can name?

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »

The UK distributor and the laws of physics. Just compare the MX to a CRF450 or similar. The chassis is nowhere near as substantial.

Also my local dealer wanted to convert one to a hill climb bike and they wouldn't sell them one. There was a post quite recently on here saying they could only get an FX as they wouldn't sell an MX.
Pages: [1]