• April 24, 2024, 10:11:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: iPhone mount  (Read 1306 times)

spelunker

• View Profile
iPhone mount
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:40 AM »

Somewhere I have seen a photo (I thought on the Zero website) of an iPhone mounted to the handle bar of an S.  Can anyone recommend a model number of a case and mount?

Thanks.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: iPhone mount
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 03:59:33 AM »

I've been using a RAM Mount, although the brake hydraulic cable re-routing was something I reverted after a while, once I got used to using the "ignition" lock.

The OEM accessory outlet is probably the only relevant item on Zero's website right now, which appears to be Powerlet-compatible.

Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

aaronzeromoto

• View Profile
    • Zero Motorcycles
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:33:13 PM »

You probably saw pictures of a mount on some of the Zero motorcycles journalists were using.

I am working hard today to get a number of updates released on accessory and apparel items from Zero.  I can't say more, but ask your dealer about p/n 10-05736, which is the Zero Smartphone Mount by RAM Mounting Solutions.  Their systems have already been updated with these items.  Our consumer focused site will be updated soon.  Sample picture from my Zero DS attached.

Regards,
Aaron
@aaronzeromoto
Zero Motorcycles
Director of Customer Experience

2018 Zero DSR + 6kW Charge Tank
2016 Zero FXS
2015 Zero DS + 2.5 kW Charge Tank
2014 Zero SR + Power Tank
2013 Zero DS ZF11.4, Zero FX ZF5.7 and Zero XU 2.8
2007 Yamaha V Star

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »

That's where my GPS mounts so I put my iPod mount on top of the "tank" using press nuts in the plastic. It's easy to see there and also reach.

Trikester

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »

Hey Aaron,

I just wanted to say that it is great to see a Zero employee participating in this forum.   Thanks for posting!
2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7

spelunker

• View Profile
iPhone mount
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 09:24:02 AM »

Thanks, Aaron. This really helps!

SK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »

Somewhere I have seen a photo (I thought on the Zero website) of an iPhone mounted to the handle bar of an S.  Can anyone recommend a model number of a case and mount?

Thanks.

In the interim here is what I have on my 2013 Zero S. Holds my Motorola Atrix2 HD and supposedly fits the iphone. For $14 I figure I could not go wrong, and it works for my purposes of monitoring the zero appy. I do not try the touch screen since it is a bit cumbersome with the thick clear-plastic shield, though like I said to just monitor the main screen it is great. I have not had it in the rain yet. Plenty of reviews on the site.

Arkon Handlebar Mount for Most Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Black by Arkon    Arkon Handlebar Mount for Most Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Black by Arkon
Permalink: http://amzn.com/B003YGGFOW

mehve

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:31:03 AM »

My hubby (on his Suzuki Burgman) and I (on my '13 Zero S) use Quad Lock. http://www.quadlockcase.com/
Picked up a poncho for it ~ which works real good although the silicone is tight, so the phone tends to think I want to shut it down when I slip the thing on. It's so easy to attach and remove, and it's super secure.

In the photo, I used the elastic to secure the mount instead of the zip ties.

+m
Rides a 2013 Zero S 11.4
Pages: [1]