• April 24, 2024, 04:40:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: xu owner here  (Read 1202 times)

motoxo

• View Profile
xu owner here
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »

hello forum members. i'm a zero rider from berkeley, california. my name's xo ... and i ride a xu.

only played with it for less than half a day so don't know much about it except that i can't lock the battery pack system because the dealer didn't have the key for it. other than that it seems pretty basic. which is what i want/like/love.

oh and hypocritically, i can't wait to see what farkley things i can do with it in the future!
2013 zero xu

trikester

• View Profile
Re: xu owner here
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »

Farkl away! ;D

Trikester

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:23:06 AM »

I think the 2013 XU is the real sweetheart deal in the zero lineup.

It lines up pretty nicely vs the 2012 S ZF6 - the XU is more suited for short highway jaunts, but it's (reportedly) much faster, much lighter, and $1000 less expensive.

It doesn't get as much attention as the Zero S, but I'd love to ride one.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

PaulAtkinson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »

hello forum members. i'm a zero rider from berkeley, california. my name's xo ... and i ride a xu.

only played with it for less than half a day so don't know much about it except that i can't lock the battery pack system because the dealer didn't have the key for it. other than that it seems pretty basic. which is what i want/like/love.

oh and hypocritically, i can't wait to see what farkley things i can do with it in the future!

Glad to know one of these is on the road here in the Bay Area! I test rode one in Daly City two weeks ago  -- I love the way it handled and performed. I think my "mistake" was also testing the S and DS models. I can't justify the expense right now for any of these -- but I will get one eventually!

I hope you enjoy your new ride!

- Paul

motoxo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 11:28:42 AM »

Glad to know one of these is on the road here in the Bay Area! I test rode one in Daly City two weeks ago  -- I love the way it handled and performed. I think my "mistake" was also testing the S and DS models. I can't justify the expense right now for any of these -- but I will get one eventually!

I hope you enjoy your new ride!

funny ... rode a xu in daly city too, but that ride ended in my garage.  :)

i do enjoy; it's a blast!

i did find a few (very small) issues today while riding (like you can't see the instrument led turn indicators in the daylight and yet that instrument led charge indicator on the fake tank is so bright it will burn a hole through space and time) however, the bike easily got me around town and up the very steep hills here without much of a whimper or much of a hit on the battery.
2013 zero xu

gregoryjward

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 11:32:24 AM »

Just wanted to say, 'Hello,' as a fellow 2013 XU owner in Berkeley.  I live in the hills, and I believe I spotted you riding up Marin Ave. one day about a month back and thought to myself, 'That's my bike!'  I had been looking at electric motorcycles on the web for quite some time, and it seemed like Zero was the frontrunner, but wasn't ready to commit as it appeared their rides were getting significantly better with each new model year.

After seeing you on yours, I did some more trolling and thinking on it and ultimately decided that the XU was really the best fit for my needs.  I called around to discover that Mission Motorcycles in Daly City was the local Zero rep. and they had exactly one 2013 XU left in stock, with no more being made.  (Sadly, Zero discontinued the model after last year.)  I think I went there the next day, tried it and the zippy (but too tall) SR and put money down on the XU the same day.  All I needed to do after that was convince my wife it was going to be okay….

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 01:17:16 AM »

All I needed to do after that was convince my wife it was going to be okay….

Took long for me, about 6 months, after buying my S :)
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 01:40:50 AM »

On Cycletrader, there are ~7 new XUs (mostly 2013 models) advertised for sale, if that helps anyone.

Peter
Pages: [1]