• March 28, 2024, 06:14:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Review] Motorcycle-USA  (Read 1627 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
[Review] Motorcycle-USA
« on: April 04, 2013, 02:57:26 AM »

They review the 2013 S model. Overall a positive review, spelling out the changes that make this year's models only a very slight compromise and big change from previous years. Here's the final summary:
The electric motorcycle, represented by the 2013 Zero S I rode, has arrived – really. It's not perfect, or right for everybody, and it won't replace the fleet of gas-powered bikes in your garage. But it's great at what it does and is fun to ride – a real motorcycle worth a second look.

Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: [Review] Motorcycle-USA
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 04:26:14 AM »

Thanks for the link.  That was informative and thorough review of the 2013 Zero S. It is the best one I have read so far.  It was also interesting to hear that Zero is offering a Fox shock as an accessory.  That and the rear rack and top box sounds like something that I would want on my 2014 Zero S.   :)

Gabe Ets-Hokin is the editor of City Bike magazine and my guess is that a version of this article will be in the May issue, which will be on the motorcycle shop newsstands later this month.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 05:22:51 AM »

Good article.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

jazclrint

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »

Thanks for the link.  That was informative and thorough review of the 2013 Zero S. It is the best one I have read so far.  It was also interesting to hear that Zero is offering a Fox shock as an accessory.  That and the rear rack and top box sounds like something that I would want on my 2014 Zero S.   :)

Gabe Ets-Hokin is the editor of City Bike magazine and my guess is that a version of this article will be in the May issue, which will be on the motorcycle shop newsstands later this month.

Seems like that Fox has had a shock for the Zeros for a while now.  Just call Fox up and order away.  Also, a GSX-R front end will bolt on as well. ;)
Pages: [1]