• April 27, 2024, 05:18:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero FX... Possible to add passenger foot pegs?  (Read 2773 times)

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
Zero FX... Possible to add passenger foot pegs?
« on: April 04, 2013, 02:16:36 AM »

My bike should be here next week (2013 5.7 FX w/quick charger) and I'm interested if there's any possiblity of modding in some rear passenger foot pegs, my wife is only about 110lbs; shouldn't be an issue for the bike I think for short little rides.

I haven't even seen / riden one yet so I have no clue what the frame looks like to the back of the bike; anyone have ideas?
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
Re: Zero FX... Possible to add passenger foot pegs?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:37:17 PM »

The frame looks a lot like the 2012 DS so perhaps it can be done. Maybe even on the XU also?
If the FX and 2013 XU can have passenger pegs that would be a  very nice feature.
Let us know if you find the answer.
I really like the FX concept but passenger pegs and storage (for commuting) are my main concerns.
My current Vectrix has a 3,7kwh pack so both the XU and FX with two batteries would be plenty of range for me. And after spending a lot of money on car repair after a small accident I am looking for ways to lower the costs for my next bike  ;)
Once you go EV, gas is history!

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:36:54 AM »

FX does great for commuting, I just wear a backpack.. it will pick the front tire off the ground at 30 mph in "sport" so it's definately got power.. haha Lovin it so far.

As for the pegs, I made this post before I had even seen the bike in person, when it arived and I jumped on I realised my back side sits to rear of the seat.

I took my 6 year old daughter for a short ride around my drive way, she sat in front of me (there's about 1 foot of "seat" avalible in front of me, about 2 inches behind me)

so the passenger is a no go on the FX from what I can tell unless they are small enough to ride in front.
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:37:51 PM »

FX has a decent amount of passenger + cargo weight. It has the same wheelbase as a 2012 S, but looks like it has a shallower fork angle and a larger front wheel. If you scoot far back in the seat then you probably would need a longer subframe to carry a passenger - ask Terry @ offthegrid how this is done : )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

WindRider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:45:38 PM »

The FX seat looks to be the same seat as the 2012 S and DS models.   Riding 2 up on any 2012 Zero is only for slim people who like each other for short distances and the person in front has to scoot forward.   
2008 Yamaha WR250R 
Past E Bikes:  2010 Zero XU, 2012 Zero DS9, 2013 FX5.7
Pages: [1]