• April 27, 2024, 05:53:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New EV owner  (Read 1174 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
New EV owner
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:01:03 AM »

I just finished my paperwork for a 2013 Zero DS 11.4, which was a blast of a test ride. Currently, I own no car and use a V-Strom 650 for commuting and long-distance trips. I'm hoping the Zero can take over for all the smaller daily commuting, although the Strom will still haul more cargo (groceries and the like) and I can take better care of the gas bike since I won't have to ride it constantly.

The local dealer indicates that the new models are selling nearly immediately by the first person who tries them, and they still have 2012 models on the floor. So, I imagine there'll be a wave of new owners here looking for pointers. So far I've read every thread and the information is still a bit thin, regarding top cases and noise makers and other mods that I'm interested in.

The bike is so simple that I don't imagine there's much to review or comment on. I'll be receiving the bike in a couple of days with the manual and other information so hopefully will be able to write some things up. I'm a big geek (software engineer) so I might tinker/inspect the bike's software a bit and certainly play with the bluetooth/app situation.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

skeezmour

• View Profile
Re: New EV owner
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:51:03 AM »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new addition. Your going to love that new S. Feel free to post any questions you have.

Again welcome to the EV club.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: New EV owner
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:49:18 PM »

Hum, I really like that color. Military olive drab is perfect.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]