• April 23, 2024, 07:04:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 model questions  (Read 1213 times)

Zero ninja

• View Profile
2013 model questions
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:57:01 AM »

On Feburary 20th I purchased a 2013 DS 11.4. The bike has really been truly amazing, just a joy to ride to work everyday. I used it for my daily commute of 66 miles round trip from Tooele, UT to Salt Lake City, UT. As the temperatures here have been very low I have only ridden in 6 times because of the chill factor. I currently have put 350miles on the bike.
I have a few questions regarding the bike that I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing.
First, when I start up the bike each ride I have to cycle the ignition twice to get it to go, the first cycle it give a flashing exclamation code that I have not taken the time to decode the pattern. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Second, and this is not a problem but more just something I noticed, when charging I see on the phone app that the bike cycles between 11 amps charging and 12 amps charging switching about every 2-3 seconds. Anyone else seeing this?
Third, has anyone experienced a good rain that you could see how much water builds inside the cool tank compartment? I have been keeping my paper work in that compartment but it really looks like it is not waterproof at all, worried I may get my stuff soaked in that compartment. I have heard rumors of a hard case accessory that would fit in the tank storage area. Anyone know if it is true?

Totally loving my new bike, so much more comfortable ride then the 2012 DS I almost bought.

Thanks,

Wade Perry
Tooele, UT

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: 2013 model questions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:29:15 AM »

Most times (but not every time) my 2012 Zero S requires two boot-ups during the first start of the day before it will respond to the throttle.  I do not get any warning lights when that happens.  In my case, Zero says it is a firmware glitch that shows up in about 1 bikes out of 40.  I just got "lucky".

However, that might not be your problem.   ???
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:34:27 AM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:45:31 AM »

One key on only and I am good to go.
And yes, the bike is MUCH more comfortable than my old (now) 2102 9DS.
Sorry, no help on the other points...
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:34:40 PM »

The 2012 bikes will blink the warning indicator when either the charger is still plugged in or the kickstand is down. Don't know if either of those is a problem for you; after the controller glitch was fixed, I've never seen the bike fail to start on one try.

If the charger only shows a two digit current display, then if it is charging say around 11.4-11.6A then it could flicker back and forth between the two numbers.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]