• April 25, 2024, 05:59:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: possible range zero x on the street 2011  (Read 1272 times)

mx-man

• View Profile
possible range zero x on the street 2011
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:39:27 AM »

Hi 'm from holland and I'm looking for a zero mx. their is one for sale
here but I'm wondering what a real world range is for street use only

Greetings.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: possible range zero x on the street 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:45:30 AM »

I get about 30 miles of general riding, never cruising above 45, on an X.  You could get a 2nd charger and recharge in 90 minutes.  Its very comfortable for an enduro but not really designed for the road. Throttle response is more like a switch either off or on and it takes practice to pull away smoothly.

Hilarious fun wheb fully charged on a dry road though!

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »

NoiseBoy:

Do you have any estimate on the 0-60 time for the 2011 X? I think that bike still used the Agni motor, and it's obviously much lighter than the 2012 S bikes.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »

Hard to say, it runs into a restriction at 58mph but it gets to 40 very quickly indeed and then slows down a little after that on the way to top speed.  I would put the 0-50 time at around 3 seconds but I only weigh 50kg.  It feels faster than my 690 with a factory spec motor at those speeds to give you an idea.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:30:08 PM »

Sorry guys just dawned on me you asked about the 2011 bike and im on a 2012 model.  Its the same Agni motor and Alltrax controller i believe but with a denser pack.   I cant imagine sub-40mph performance differs much.

mx-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 12:55:57 AM »

well well, I had my first zero ride this afternoon. I tried 2 version of the dealer, one mx (street legal 2011) and one ds ( first year I guess) and what a experience. the mx was geared so low that it wound't go faster then 60 kp/h with quite aggressive off road tires so it wouldn't handle on the street. So he let me try his ds, and just outside the village it ran out of juice ( not nice). So within 2 weeks I have an other appointment with the dealer to try the mx geared to 80 kp/h with street tires and a full charge. Further I had a chat with the dealer, and he says the mx has an upgraded battery. The fist one wan't closed on top and this one is. how much kw/h does it contain? and is it an upgrade? I'm planning to buy the mx so that's why I want to know it.

Kind regards
Pages: [1]