• April 24, 2024, 05:57:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zero Accessories I'd pay for  (Read 2857 times)

ColoPaul

• View Profile
Zero Accessories I'd pay for
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:02:15 AM »

For my 2012 ZF6:
  1) A automatic timed blinker turn off
  2) A display that shows engineering data - like kWh/hr, remaining kWh, Battery Temp, Motor Temp, ...
  3) A shop manual
  4) An extended warranty
  5) Cabling & Software to connect to the various boards (BMS, MBB, etc)
  6) A battery upgrade package from ZF6 to ZF9
2012 S ZF6    03 BMW K1200GT

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
Re: Zero Accessories I'd pay for
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »

For my 2012 ZF6:

Glad I'm not the only one who often looks down then says "Doh! My blinker is till on from that turn 15 minutes ago."

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 08:28:46 AM »

2) A display that shows engineering data - like kWh/hr, remaining kWh, Battery Temp, Motor Temp, ...

I know a solution ;)

Buy a cycle analyst CA-HC combined with a shunt!!

I have installed one on my DS 2011 and it work really well ! and it does ALOT more than what you asked for ;D You can also add some modules that are making dataloggin and also have GPS to get max data with every rides !

Here is the topic:http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40849&hilit=zero+cycle+analyst

You can buy one here:www.ebikes.ca/store

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

amahoser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »

As for #1, there are a few turn signal cancel systems out there. The most popular seems to be Kisan. Just find your turn signal flasher and match up the connector to their little ascii symbols and order the right one.

https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

Jose Soriano

RickSteeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »

For my 2012 ZF6:

Glad I'm not the only one who often looks down then says "Doh! My blinker is till on from that turn 15 minutes ago."

Heh- I''ve been pondering adding a beeper that comes on with the turn signal indicator LEDs and/or thermometer symbol [when overheat condition threatens to cause shutdown]! ::)
Current fleet: (2012 DS Recalled), 2014 SR, 2013 FX

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 09:55:54 AM »

I thought that only happened to us 77 year old dudes. Glad I have something in common with you youngsters ;)

Trikester

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 08:38:20 PM »

I thought that only happened to us 77 year old dudes. Glad I have something in common with you youngsters

it's the other way, the younger the more people used that everything is automatic ;)
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »

I would be happy with a rear luggage rack and hard bag mount options.  Some method of mounting a tank bag would be great, also. But I haven't figured out how that can be done yet.

I appreciate that the analog speedometer of the 2012 models is now a tachometer on the 2013 bikes.  But having a kW power meter would be a lot more useful, as well as more fun, than a tach, especially when you have direct drive and the speedometer could be thought of as a tachometer, with a little conversion chart.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

CliC

• View Profile
Re: Re: Zero Accessories I'd pay for
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »

Richard, spot on with the luggage options. The Zero is most effective as a commuter bike, yet the luggage options are limited.

I'd also like a more informative dash. The Cycle Analyst is a good start, but after using a smartphone I'm thinking this situation calls for a 5-7" sunlight-readable high-res display. Apparently Zero does too, with the smartphone app for the 2013s.
Bikes: 2012 Zero DS ZF9, 2000 Harley Road King (sold), 1985 Suzuki GN400 (sold)
Ride log

ColoPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »

Thanks Doctorbass for your idea - but I want a Zero-supplied device that hooks into the CAN bus that shows the "native" values for battery temp, motor temp, kWh/h, etc.   I'm not really interested in wiring in my own current-measuring resistors, temp sensors, spoke magnets/pickups, etc.

CliC, for me the problem with the smartphone (aside that I don't have/want one) is how do you watch it while riding?  Mount it to the handlebar?  In the rain?

Also thank AMAhoser for the link on turn signal after-market cancelers.  Again, I want a no-hassle Zero-supplied solution that doesn't require me attempting to figure out after-market compatibility and splicing in devices that might void my warranty.

In a recent survey from Zero, they seemed keen to find out what Accessories were important.  I listed a few things then, but have since thought of a few more, which I put in this thread;  I was also wondering what the various other members of this forum would go for if Zero had them available.

I like Richard230's idea of a kW power meter instead of a tach; but would it essentially show throttle position?
2012 S ZF6    03 BMW K1200GT

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »

I thought that only happened to us 77 year old dudes. Glad I have something in common with you youngsters

it's the other way, the younger the more people used that everything is automatic ;)

More like we forget we're not driving a car.

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »

Thanks Doctorbass for your idea - but I want a Zero-supplied device that hooks into the CAN bus that shows the "native" values for battery temp, motor temp, kWh/h, etc.   I'm not really interested in wiring in my own current-measuring resistors, temp sensors, spoke magnets/pickups, etc.

Or as this guy did for his Vectrix, build it from scratch!
 http://visforvoltage.org/forum/12809-vx-1-canbus-monitor
Once you go EV, gas is history!

dahlheim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 11:52:34 PM »

that looks like it is either built, or could be easily built, using an arduino-type board (perhaps a mini?) with a simple lcd display.  if i had a little more info, such as the info coming over the bus and it's format,  i could build that, and do it better with a touch-screen color LCD.  it'd certainly be an interesting and potentially useful project.
currently, 12 Zero DS ZF9, 07CRF450X, 03GL1800, 02R1150GS, 01XR650R, 00XR400R, 76GL1000

kbfcanada

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 03:26:12 AM »

I wouldn't mind getting cruise control; although setting my DS to eco mode is kind of like cruise on the highway (full throttle is a tad fast for our speed limits, but for my commute it works)

Tudor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 07:22:09 PM »

How about a regen clutch? Not a real clutch but one that disables regen for those coasting moments.
Pages: [1] 2