• April 26, 2024, 05:54:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What I did this afternoon  (Read 1777 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
What I did this afternoon
« on: October 09, 2012, 04:48:18 AM »

This afternoon I spent 2-1/2 hours with a couple of videographers (is that the right word?) from Zero. They are making interview and riding videos of their motorcycle owners to put up on their website to help promote their bikes.  I spent about 30 minutes talking about my riding and ownership history, my interest in electric motorcycles and how I use my 2012 Zero S, among other related subjects.  Then we spent a couple of hours with me riding around town, getting some nice shots of me, my Zero and the Pacific Ocean.  They got really lucky. It was a clear day and not too windy.  The cameraman seemed really happy with his shots.  But they have a lot of editing to do. They are going to let me know when the video is on the web and I will let you know as soon as I do.   :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 04:56:58 AM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

iJustride

• View Profile
Re: What I did this afternoon
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:17:36 AM »

Sounds fun, did you get anything out of the deal?
"Videographers" is correct, or "film crew".

mehve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »

Awesome! I was asked to do a video testimonial and the camera arrived today.  Maybe my location makes it less logistically inviting to send a film crew. :) My hubby will have to do ;-)  Looking forward to the final cut!

+ m
Rides a 2013 Zero S 11.4

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »

Here is the entire story of yesterday's activities:

Last Friday I received a call from Zero's promotion department asking me if I would like to give them an interview about how I liked my Zero, my motorcycle riding history and electric motorcycles in general. Never having been in a movie before (I am not to sure what the CIA did with those shots of me that they took with their surveillance drone), I said sure, that sounds interesting and it might even be fun. So we set up an appointment for a two-man video crew to visit my home on Monday at 1pm.

The Zero film crew showed up on time (not something that happens too often with my local utility crews).  The cameraman was very enthusiastic about my garage and they interviewed me there, standing in front of the Zero while the cameraman and interviewer stood next to my R1200R, while they interviewed me. They also really liked my garage and took film of all of my motorcycles, wall posters and shelves of hazardous chemicals. I spoke about my motorcycle riding history and why I liked to ride the Zero for about 30 minutes and they seemed very happy with my comments. They commented that I did a better job than most of the paid celebrities that they had filmed in the past.

After the interview, they asked me if I would ride around to scenic areas of Pacifica where I would be filmed riding my Zero.  So I rode to Roberts Road, overlooking Highway 1, where they filmed me riding back and forth - with the Pacific Ocean in the background. Then I took them down the road to Rockaway Beach, where they filmed me riding around in the Nick's Restaurant parking lot - with the Pacific Ocean in the background.  After that it was off to the Pacifica State Beach parking lot, where I rode around and they filmed some more - with the Pacific Ocean in the background.  Finally, I rode up and down 4-lane Fassler Avenue a couple of times - with the Pacific Ocean and Rockaway Beach in the background.

The cameraman seemed thrilled with the shots that he got of me riding.  But I wouldn't want his job.  He did much of his on-road filming while standing in the back of the moving pickup truck. Luckily, the truck did not have to make any quick maneuvers and the police must have been on a donut break that afternoon, as they didn't get into trouble for filming without a permit or for riding unsecured in the back of a pickup truck bed. This process took about two hours and we finally returned to my home.  But on the way back I made a couple of passes by the local Union gas station, while I slowed down to look at the $4.70/$4.80/$4.90 fuel price sign.  That was my idea and the crew really liked that. At 3:30 they thanked me for my time and cooperation, we said goodby and they took off.  So ended my day as a movie star.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 04:56:07 AM »

Good on you, Richard! Exactly what Zero needs. Real folks riding a real product. Not cheezie chicks in bikinis.  ;D

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »

Agreed. Riders on the road is the best thing for elmotos.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ed5000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »

Sounds like a fun day Richard. ;D
2010 Zero DS                                             Track your ev mileage:  evclub.org

Harlan

• View Profile
    • Hollywood Electrics
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »

Hi Richard.  That was really nice of you to donate your time like that.  It's always great to see such enthusiastic electric motorcycle ambassadors around.
Harlan Flagg
Hollywood Electrics
http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »

Last night I received a copy of the edited video testimonial that was made of me on Monday. The producers took the 2-1/2 hours of video and boiled it down to about 3 minutes. They did a really great job, although there was not as much film of me riding along the beach as I would have liked.  Too much of me talking, instead.  ;) I was told that the video would be up on Zero's web site soon and I will post a link here when it hits the little screen.  But if someone else finds it first, please feel free to beat me to the punch.   ;D

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 04:27:08 AM »

I just stopped by my local Zero dealer and the saleslady told me my testimonial video, along with two others, was shown at the dealer convention as a lead-in to announcing the new 2013 models.  She also told me that Zero plans to ramp up their after-market parts and accessory effort and a lot of new clothing and accessories are planned during next year.  I replied that sounded really great, but I hope Zero improves their accessory distribution and delivery system, along with developing and marketing the new goodies.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »

I was also told that Zero planned to recreate their web site into a more interactive one that would include owner testimonials, among other things that would be more involving and interesting to visitors of the site, rather than the current manufacturer "brochure" format. However, she had no idea when they were going to tackle that project and finally post my video on-line.

My dealer also mentioned that she thought that the new motor in the 2013 models, as well as the new chassis, would likely represent some stability in the development of the Zero line for the next few years.  Since the motor was developed and manufactured by Zero, it looks like they will no longer have to look for new motors to buy every year to improve their bike's performance, as they have done during the previous few years.  Also, the motor is designed to act as a structural part of the chassis, which helps to strengthen it, plus the chassis is longer and provides a better platform for carrying a passenger.  No doubt future Zero models will continue to improve, but I think the 2013 bikes are the basis of the future models for the next few years.

af1 racing

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 12:40:08 AM »

yes, we got to see the videos at the dealer meeting.  They came out great.  They will add them to the main website soon.

Good job!!!!
Pages: [1]