• April 27, 2024, 03:43:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Controller firmware update  (Read 1104 times)

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
Controller firmware update
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:38:50 AM »

I read in one of the posts that the firmware update recall is done via CAN using a USB to CAN tool.  Can anyone verify this?

I ask because I've done a few firmware update tools for a few car tuners along with lower modules and the like.  All were CAN based and IXXAT tended to be the tool company most of the OEM's software supported.  The whole thing strikes my curiosity.

Just heard back from Zero who indicated it was not CAN (so probably RS-232 serial)....  Off to the dealer for me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:03:20 AM by lolachampcar »
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
Re: Controller firmware update
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »

if we have the cable and get a computer to talk to the Zero a remote controlled session would be a breeze. Guess that might be the way to do this to bridge the difference modern style. Done this with all sorts of equipment in the past.
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
Re: Controller firmware update
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »

I have been corrected.  The Speed Controller update is done via CAN.  I've asked Zero for some insite on the process and will share what I can.  There may be an easier way to do all of this but the decision will ultimately be Zeros.
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.
Pages: [1]