• April 25, 2024, 10:35:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: ECO vs SPORT modes  (Read 1466 times)

craigq

• View Profile
ECO vs SPORT modes
« on: July 31, 2012, 07:06:26 AM »

Has anyone done any comparison between ECO and SPORT mode from a fuel efficiency standpoint?

I've commuted with both, for the most part I was using ECO mode, Wh/KM was between 45-47. The past two commutes were in SPORT mode and the Wh/KM is around 43. It might not sound like much, but it's roughly 48 KM round trip commute, so I have a bit more "in reserve". I kept the speeds the same, but SPORT accelerates better. Furthermore, the SPORT mode is much more enjoyable than ECO, motor responsiveness is markedly increased.

Anyone else?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:55:13 PM by craigq »
bikeless

trikester

• View Profile
Re: ECO vs SPORT modes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »

Please refer to my posts (several) about reprogramming ECO mode so that the acceleration rate is the same as in SPORT mode. That way you get the benefit of regen in ECO mode without giving up acceleration enjoyed in sport mode.

Trikester

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: ECO vs SPORT modes
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »

I seem to use a little bit more energy per mile in sport mode. But, I tend to travel faster then.

If you do a lot of coasting then sport mode could be a little more efficient. The difference between the two is probably less than traveling 0.5 mph slower.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]