• April 24, 2024, 12:27:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Zero's new CEO wants to talk Zero motorcycles  (Read 6175 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Zero's new CEO wants to talk Zero motorcycles
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:53:11 AM »

Check your email.  I just received a message from Sylvie Denuit, Strategy & Analysis Manager for Zero Motorcycles, asking if their new CEO, Richard Walker, could give me a call and ask about my experiences as a Zero owner.  I was offered a number of dates and times during which the call could be scheduled.  Needless to say, I wasted no time responding.  I must say that is a great idea! 

I sure never had a call from BMW's CEO during my 25 years as a BMW customer, or anyone else in the company who wanted my input as a customer, for that matter. Mostly all they wanted was for me to buy their products and keep my mouth shut.  No customer opinions are needed by BMW's motorcycle division. It looks like things are different at Zero.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ColoPaul

• View Profile
Re: Zero's new CEO wants to talk Zero motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 05:38:20 AM »

You lucky dog!   Very cool..  8)
Tell him to have someone look into the glitch problem.
2012 S ZF6    03 BMW K1200GT

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:51 AM »

Here are the questions that I will be asked:

Why an electric motorcycle?
    Why did you choose a Zero and in doing so, what were the benefits you were looking to receive ?
    How well has your Zero bike experience matched up to the expectations you had of the Zero brand before the purchase, during your use of the bike and afterwards?

What's been positive?
        What's been negative?

What could we have done differently to make your purchase experience and experience of our Brand an even better one?
    How do you feel when you're riding the Zero?
    What are you favorite brands (any product, service or retailer) and what is it about them that draws you to them?

I suppose that I could also recommend that Mr. Walker take a look at the comments from Zero owners posted on this forum.    ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

craigq

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:41:15 AM »

I received the email too, but I've not the foggiest idea what to talk about  :-\
bikeless

Lipo423

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »

That's a great thing Richard, you lucky guy  ;)

I would definitely suggesting him to take a look at this forum, or get someone from the service/engineering department to do it every day!!!

In my former company (totally different business -a big construction equipment one)no products were designed without customer's input -including field testing- and it took 2 years to launch a new product in the very best scenario...after a lot of testing...and still there were problems which we could not see at an earlier stage...

Yes, talk about the glitch, please  ;D
Bikes: Kawa GPX 600, Suzuki GSX 750-R, Yamaha FZR 1000, Suzuki Lido 75, Peugeot SV 125, Suzuki Burgman 400, Suzuki Burgman 650, KTM EXC 250, 2012 Zero ZF9 - All of them sold -
2014 Zero SR 11.4, BMW C1 125, BMW R 850R

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »

Also talk about international customers, need dealers in Australia, Asia and Europe.

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »

yes, have sent an email to some Zero people already with reference of strong MC sales in Oz.

pls help and send "we need Zero in Australia" as well to:
sales.au@zeromotorcycles.com
sales@zeromotorcycles.com
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »

I received the email too, but I've not the foggiest idea what to talk about  :-\

It appears that the conversation will be somewhat structured. The questions that Mr. Walker will be asking are apparently the ones that I outlined (copied from the email) in my second post on this thread.  This gives you a couple of weeks to think about how to answer.  Needless to say, I could keep talking about electric motorcycles for a few hours, but apparently the phone call will only last about 15 minutes, so I guess I will have to talk fast.   ;D

Nukie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 04:04:27 AM »

On the negative list, add the rear view mirrors. Would love to see those get changed. People should not have to be buying extenders in order to use them.
"Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living." – The Flash

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 04:29:21 AM »

My guess is that the reason we have short mirror stalks is that the bikes are designed and tested in California and you can split lanes here. So they wanted a bike a narrow as possible to wedge between cars when Highway 17 (the 4-lane highway that runs past Scotts Valley on its way to San Jose) stalls out, as happens a lot during commute hours.

vchampain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »

I had the same mail in Paris. My call is planned for monday. I have a Zero XU : great bike.
Limitations :
   - proprietary parts making change very costly (why didnt they use honda or other largely distributed parts) ?
   - no serious top case solution (need rain suit + cable storage)
   - no serious option for a antitheft solution (compulsory in Europe for insurance reasons)

+ they should market more the total cost of utilization - it is lower than an ICE 125cc for a XU - and include financing options.

V

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 03:41:26 AM »

Who has had their call already?  Mine is scheduled for tomorrow.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 03:42:37 AM »

My call is scheduled for Thursday afternoon (PST).

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 05:14:01 AM »

Hi Lucky ones to have an inteview !

please send Richard Walker our regards from the land downunder -- and that many Australian riders that are very interested to get Zero's back into Australia. Still so far it seems they are not interested to call anyone down under  >:(

Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 05:46:51 AM »

Excellent chat with Mr. Walker today.  Was only supposed to be 15 min but went on for close to an hour.  He is definitely interested in what we all think and how to make the company better.  We shared lots of the same ideas. 

He has had someone working with Brammo to work together to get the tax credit for electric motorcycles up and active again.  He understands the business model of providing lots of accessories for profit but keeping the price point on the actual motorcycle as inexpensive as possible.  he said thats how Hewlett packard worked for years.  The computers and printers were literally sold for cost or no profit, but the printer cartriges, paper, cords etc is where the company made money. 

So I hope we'll see a lot of options and accessories in the future.  Looking for controller upgrades (Sevcon Gen 4 size 6 for more power), charger upgrades (up to 6kw charging for the ZF9), and perhaps extra battery modules in the future (ZF3 packs?).  At least those were my suggestions, and he seemed to agree with all of them.  He seems like a great guy to have at the helm.  I think good things are on the horizon.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4