• April 27, 2024, 05:45:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Still learning my XU  (Read 1148 times)

hungff77

• View Profile
Still learning my XU
« on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »

Well, I have finally complete 4 partial cycle charges, as I test ride it yesterday, I did not see and significant improvement in terms of range. I suspect I need to plug it in for a couple days to balance the cell, since I got it practically brand new.

I have tested both eco and sport mode, the top speed is the same, but eco mode accelerated much slower and literally no hill climbing at all. Range is not much big of different, I think I can squeeze in like 5km more on the eco mode, but when you flashing at around 20km range, 5km is quite a big jump.

For the past few days, I was driving at the speed between 60km/h-80km/h and I have 2bars left flashing at about 18-20km. I once tried to go like 3 more km while flashing at no bar.

I am now trying to make this XU a 30km range. May be a summer screen will do... Wondering will the 2012 battery works in the 2011 model?

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Still learning my XU
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »

Zero claims 40 km EPA UDDS for the 2011 XU. The UDDS test has a moving average of around 50 km/h - I would expect you to get around half the UDDS range at 80 km/h. Bear in mind too that the range tests are performed until the bike switches off, there's a small amount of reserve below zero bars (as you've seen).

You'll probably drop approximately 5 km range for every 10 km/h you ride above 50 km/h. Going faster and climbing hills will deplete the battery very quickly.

The 2012 battery is not a drop in replacement for the 2011 bikes, it's a higher voltage pack (65V vs 53V). See some discussion here:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=39411
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]