• April 24, 2024, 07:06:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First Electric Motocycle using twitter and facebook on it's own?  (Read 1737 times)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube

LOL! I don't know if this is the first time an ElMoto has done this, but I would like to know.

Foxie ( my zero S 2011 ), whom is for sale, so I can get a 2012 to race on... now has her own twitter and facebook page which she posts to. Posts aren't that flabberghasting right now, but as I build her dictionary, and integrate an onboard GPS so she can post about where she is, I think they will get better and better.

https://twitter.com/FoxyBike

baumisch

• EV - EREV - PEDELEC Driver
    • View Profile
Re: First Electric Motocycle using twitter and facebook on it's own?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:47 PM »

Hey there,
is there a thread in the board where you describe how you built this up?
I would be very interested to do such a "device" for my Opel Ampera aka Volt and my upcoming Zero machine ...

I am skilled enought I think to connect an android Smartphone to the vehicle so that it keeps charged at all times, but I would not know how to get all the data about chargestate etc.. into the android device ...

So would love to see how you set this up on foxie ..

Chris
2011 GreenMover  MTB - 0,25 KW - 0,3 kwH - 27+ km/h - 2.100km
2012 Zero S ZF9 - 9 KW - 9kwH - 140 km/h - 6.200km
2013 Opel Ampera - 111 KW - 16/10 kwH - 160km/h - 55.500km
2015 Tesla Model S P85 - 306 KW - 85 kwH - 210km/h

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »

Electric Cowboy, are you Brandon from Facebook?

I may be the second to get twitter working, if I can get the bike together soon.... I may cheat and just get it working with my 12V test pack for now so I can do some testing before it goes on the bike. The BMS I'm using supports OBD-II PIDs.... and within Torque for Android, it supports posting to twitter and FB. I just have to start playing with it to figure it all out. Probably some this weekend (after the TTXGP races in Portland of course) or next week.

So how are you connecting to the Zero? Serial? Canbus?
Travis

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:05:37 AM »

@frodus, yes I am :)

I am skilled enought I think to connect an android Smartphone to the vehicle so that it keeps charged at all times, but I would not know how to get all the data about chargestate etc.. into the android device ...

Not to worry, almost done with the basic build, from there all you will have to do is put it on your bike and set up your bikes account. I want to make this as plug and play as possible.

Are you in the LA area? Perhaps we could meet up. I will also be at the Refuel event this sunday if you are going.

baumisch

• EV - EREV - PEDELEC Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »

Not to worry, almost done with the basic build, from there all you will have to do is put it on your bike and set up your bikes account. I want to make this as plug and play as possible.

Are you in the LA area? Perhaps we could meet up. I will also be at the Refuel event this sunday if you are going.

I am in Germany - but that do you mean by "basic built" - are you using an soon-to-be released device? Please give me some details of your setup ...

Chris
2011 GreenMover  MTB - 0,25 KW - 0,3 kwH - 27+ km/h - 2.100km
2012 Zero S ZF9 - 9 KW - 9kwH - 140 km/h - 6.200km
2013 Opel Ampera - 111 KW - 16/10 kwH - 160km/h - 55.500km
2015 Tesla Model S P85 - 306 KW - 85 kwH - 210km/h

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »

I am in Germany - but that do you mean by "basic built" - are you using an soon-to-be released device?

@baumisch Ich hoffe, es wird bald fertig sein. Im Moment sind wir für Investoren auf der Suche zu helfen.
Pages: [1]