• March 29, 2024, 06:44:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Zero "idled" today, and other niggles  (Read 3104 times)

CliC

• View Profile
Re: My Zero "idled" today, and other niggles
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »

The bike also doesn't seem to like to be pushed around when the ignition is turned on. That seems to elicit a growling noise, also.

Oh yes, definitely. Any but the slightest movement forward or backward while the bike is powered on elicits the growl. Normally once you stop moving the bike, though, the growl stops. But that one time it was just growling and growling right after I turned the key on and it "booted up".
Bikes: 2012 Zero DS ZF9, 2000 Harley Road King (sold), 1985 Suzuki GN400 (sold)
Ride log

JuicyBurger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »

Hi guys;

I just got my Zero S6 today and I noticed this stopping growl as well. I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but as I start rolling it backward it seems like the motor applies minuscule amounts of power to help you reverse? If it's actually doing this then AWESOME, but if it's my imagination then hmmmmmm. Also, my front brake seems to be dragging?

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »

It is possible that your brakes will need some time to bed in. I don't know if my brakes were dragging, but it took over 1000 miles before the front and rear brakes started feeling very powerful.  Yesterday though, I was able to skid both front and rear wheels while coming to a stop quickly. So I guess that is good enough.

To verify that your front brake is dragging you will need to lift your front wheel off the ground and spin the wheel. All disc brakes seem to drag a little, but it shouldn't take much effort to rotate the wheel with your hand.  However, it will not spin like the wheel of a bicycle. Between the brake pads and the wheel bearings, there is much more drag on a motorcycle wheel than a bicycle wheel.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]