Genre | Riding Style > Enduro | Adventure | Dual Sport

Not too many return waves - typical for dualsport riders?

(1/5) > >>

CliC:
Been riding my Zero DS (my first electric as well as my first dualsport) for a couple days now, and noticed that of all the other riders I wave at, I'm only getting about 50% returned. With my Road King, and even the old Suzuki standard I used to have, that number was >90%. Not a big deal to me, but it piqued my curiosity. Are dualsport riders, or at least those astride dirt-derived machines like the DS or a KLR650, not respected by the rest of the biker population? Oh the shame :)

Maybe it's the lack of engine noise, but I doubt that's the problem across a divided highway with 50 feet of median. Curious...

C

protomech:
People are pretty friendly here in the South. I get probably 90% return here - though I doubt most oncoming traffic recognizes the bike.

CliC:
Yeah, I'm in south Texas, and on my past bikes I got a lot of waves back.

I've gotten a somewhat higher percentage of returns on the last couple rides. Maybe just a fluke on day one.

Bakersbread:
Plenty of waves in utah

BrianTRice@gmail.com:
The Pacific Northwest provides waves, but yes the vast majority are cruiser owners in the USA and dual sport bikes don't typically register with them. Obviously, sometimes people just don't notice, but some of that unconscious reaction is biased.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version