• April 25, 2024, 07:08:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: CA State Parks Partner with Quantya  (Read 2625 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CA State Parks Partner with Quantya
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:40:55 PM »

This is an exciting partnership.  If the state parks embrace electric dirt bikes maybe we could get some of our trails back.  Any thoughts?

The new Quantya Dual Sport "Strada" was developed as a patrol vehicle for law enforcement. "This was a great opportunity for us to learn from State Parks widely recognized experience, and to gain direct feedback on how we can enhance our vehicle's functionality," said David Lodermeier, Technical Services Manager for Quantya USA.  The bike's electronic design and silent operation make it perfect to ride in natural settings without causing disturbance and for campground patrols.

To commence the evaluation, State Park Rangers at Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area took possession of the new Quantya "Strada" on August 8th, said John Vallett, Chief Ranger, "... the bike has been perfect for us because we can ride through the park with very little disruption to wildlife, or patrol the campgrounds at night and not disturb guests who are sleeping; while at the same time can have the confidence in the performance of the bike when it is called upon." 

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/state-parks-goes-from-gas-to-green,656677.shtml

Gardener

• View Profile
    • My Renewable Energy Blog
Re: CA State Parks Partner with Quantya
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:38:59 PM »

I hope we have something similar in IL. There was a report on the million plus dollars that have been spent on forest preserves in Cook County and with little to show for more people using them. Since the preserves allow horse riders, electric motorcycles could open the door to getting mroe people to use them. Not everyone can own or look after a horse, but virtually anyone could have an electric motorcycle.

tranquility tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 06:38:54 PM »

:'( :-\ ::)

Although I love the idea of electric bikes in parks it is a shame that the State of California is choosing Quantya
a foreign manufacturer for there motorcycles. ZERO is a California company that makes some of the best electric
bikes on the planet. This is what is wrong with our country we give the business to foreign manufacturers instead of
putting Americans to work. Shame on California for not using a manufacturer in their own state.

Wake up people we need to put americans to work not the Swiss.

redeye said it......

Save American jobs or we won't have any......!

This is an exciting partnership.  If the state parks embrace electric dirt bikes maybe we could get some of our trails back.  Any thoughts?

The new Quantya Dual Sport "Strada" was developed as a patrol vehicle for law enforcement. "This was a great opportunity for us to learn from State Parks widely recognized experience, and to gain direct feedback on how we can enhance our vehicle's functionality," said David Lodermeier, Technical Services Manager for Quantya USA.  The bike's electronic design and silent operation make it perfect to ride in natural settings without causing disturbance and for campground patrols.

To commence the evaluation, State Park Rangers at Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area took possession of the new Quantya "Strada" on August 8th, said John Vallett, Chief Ranger, "... the bike has been perfect for us because we can ride through the park with very little disruption to wildlife, or patrol the campgrounds at night and not disturb guests who are sleeping; while at the same time can have the confidence in the performance of the bike when it is called upon." 

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/state-parks-goes-from-gas-to-green,656677.shtml

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »

I don’t think Quantya should be bashed because they are not an American based company. We Americans are very patriotic but usually choose the best product for the best price. Honestly I feel it is the American way.

Also, Quantya.us employs Americans. American companies will spring up to build aftermarket parts for Quantya.

If it was not for Quantya, Zero would not have any competition. They will force each other to stay on their game and sharpen up for when the real battle starts against the Japanese and Italians. :D (and KTM, they are almost half Indian now I believe?)

That's my take for what it's worth. I don’t really want to start an argument over it, I’m sure many feel the same way you do. As an American I am very proud of all the US based electric motorcycle companies starting up but if they can't stand on their own product quality and customer service they won't last long.

tranquility tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »

Don't misunderstand me about Quantya, I am not bashing them but Blasting California.

All the articles I have seen put the two bikes neck and neck in quality and performance,
I just think it is a shame that the state that ZERO is manufacturing in and paying taxes to
is choosing a European manufacturer for their EV needs.

All the Best...............All the Time :'(

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »

hmmm, I hear ya. Wonder if they considered both mfr's before making a decision.
Pages: [1]