• March 29, 2024, 12:14:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I did it, I did it, I did it !!!  (Read 3826 times)

Gregski

• View Profile
Re: I did it, I did it, I did it !!!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 08:32:37 AM »

so pathetic me, is charging with four of these CEN-TECH $5.00 dollar chargers from Harbor Freight, they put out 750 miliamps

this is one of the things that I have learned works, that is if you don't have a 48 volt battery charger you can use four 12 volt battery chargers or two 24 volt battery chargers to charge your 48 volt battery pack, yes there are some stipulations but I'll let the experts tackle that

so how long does it take?  a very long time, so long I time my charge with a calendar, lol, that's right I think it takes about 4 days to charge my pack from 48 volts to 51 volts and some change, (again the experts can chime in how we should not completely deplete our packs, but I am still trying to figure things out so I am not even sure if 48 volts is good or bad)

things that suck are that I can't even plug in all four of these ac adaptered chargers into a single seven port power surge protector strip thingie, because the one closest to the on/off button interferes with it and turns the darn thing off so I have to start in the next one over - see these are just all the little things they don't teach you in school - jk

Bogan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »

Damn that's a slow charge! Buy a good charger and keep em charged up, by giving you more battery longevity it will pay for itself.

Gregski

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »

Damn that's a slow charge! Buy a good charger and keep em charged up, by giving you more battery longevity it will pay for itself.

yez zir! working on it
Pages: 1 [2]