• March 29, 2024, 06:37:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A source for new Hi Power batteries  (Read 2424 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
A source for new Hi Power batteries
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »

Just as I was going to buy some CALB batteries to replace my failed Hi Power batteries, I performed a last search and discovered that Hi Power has apparently shipped a new load of batteries to the US and they are now available from the Electric Car Co. of Utah :  http://www.evequipmentsupply.com/

I bought four 50 Ah batteries for $66 each. (They have a full range of sizes in stock.) What I really appreciated was that the batteries were shipped out the next day and arrived as fast as UPS could get them to me. So I am very happy with the Electric Car Company's service.

I just received my batteries last night and they are the first fresh Hi Power batteries that I have ever seen. The batteries that were installed in my EMS GPR-S were produced in August 2008. These batteries were made in December 2010, are very white and are not covered with dust and stains, like my current batteries. They also came with a package of sheet metal electrical connectors for connecting the batteries together, which will replace my homemade aluminum sheet connectors.

I had been advised last year by the Hi Power distributor that these batteries were no longer in stock in the US. It appears that this problem has been rectified.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

912jake

• View Profile
Re: A source for new Hi Power batteries
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »

Those batteries are listed at 3.65 volts so 4 would put you less that 15 volts which doesnt seem like much when alot of guys seems to have 40+ volts. We are building an electric motorcycle as a class project and i have been searching for a good and fairly inexpensive source of power and these seem to fit the bill as long as we dont have to buy a ton of them

frodus

• View Profile
Re: A source for new Hi Power batteries
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »

they're not 3.65V cells, that's the voltage you charge them to. They're 3.2V cells.

With these, you need to put them in series to get the voltage you need. If you need 48V for instance, you put 16 in series.... they're usually in groups of 4.
Travis
Pages: [1]