• April 24, 2024, 02:23:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Vectrix Models For 2009 | Vx2 and Vx1e  (Read 5617 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Vectrix Models For 2009 | Vx2 and Vx1e
« on: October 09, 2008, 07:04:32 PM »

Expanding Product Family
For the new financial year Vectrix is introducing an expanded Product Family. The flagship product will be called the Vx1 and will be a refreshed version of the current Vectrix bike.

A new model identified as the Vx1e will be introduced in spring 2009. The Vx1e uses the same platform and drive train as the Vx1, but features a lower price point and slightly less acceleration and top speed. In addition, for summer 2009, the company also plans to introduce an entry-level model called the Vx2. The Vx2 will be a smaller and more compact electric equivalent of a 50cc internal combustion engine (ICE) bike. The company expects to add additional power profiles to this product up to the electric equivalent of a 150cc ICE motorbike.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/Breaking+News/Vectrix-Sales-Up-156-in-Past-Year/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/557379?ref=25

Gardener

• View Profile
    • My Renewable Energy Blog
Re: New Vectrix Models For 2009 | Vx2 and Vx1e
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 02:56:11 AM »

Skadamo,

I e-mailed Vectrix and they are offering test rides in the Northern suburbs. As you know, it is snowing and icy at the moment but I hope to do a test ride shortly.

Be happy to PM you the information if you want it as well, though you most probably know more about this than I do.

I'll try and take some pics of the test ride and post my reactions and my buying decision afterwards over here.

Cheers!

LiveToday1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »

Yes, their new bike that Vectix is introducing is a Chinese made bike, with the Vectrix label! If you consider this progress, then you will be more than pleased! But, most people know that anything Chinese made is good for about 11 months or less! Sounds like Vectrix is very desperate and that CEO Mike Boyle has lost his sense of what reality is all about!

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »

Gardner, yes please pm me the info.  Thanks!

LiveToday1, I think you are making a pretty big generalization about Chinese bike quality.  Let's ride it and find out first hand.

Gardener

• View Profile
    • My Renewable Energy Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »

Skadamo,

Just sent you the e-mail that I received from Vectrix's Chicago dealer on PM.

Gardener.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 03:24:00 AM »

Got it thanks!  I have been meaning to go to Scooterworks anyway.  Now I have another reason. :D
Pages: [1]