• May 19, 2024, 08:56:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero MX frame replacement  (Read 1910 times)

picasso

• View Profile
Zero MX frame replacement
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:56:21 PM »

Zero Motorcycles, Inc. has a new Zero MX frame, which we have developed to withstand the rigors of aggressive MX track usage and are using to upgrade all of our MX customer motorcycles.

You are receiving this letter because as an owner of a 2009-2010 Zero X, you might not know about this new MX frame. We believe that there may be certain Zero X owners who may want the ultimate Zero dirt bike frame, or who may be wanting to start using their Zero X on the track. For those of you who fit this usage model, we are offering the new MX frame, plus the labor of moving all of your components onto the new frame, for $1000.

Again, this should be of particular interest to you if you occasionally would like to take your X out on an MX track for some bigger jumps, which is not recommended usage on the standard Zero X motorcycle, which was specifically designed for trail riding.

If you are interested in this upgrade feel free to let me know as soon as possible so we can make the upgrade arrangements within the next few months.

picasso

• View Profile
Re: Zero MX frame replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »

No word on if I get to keep my old frame.....Sent an email waiting for word back. If so I think I will do it since I have most spares to build another bike off my old frame.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:40 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. Looking fwd to seeing some pics of the new frame if you don't mind posting.

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 04:23:21 AM »

Well I get to keep my old X frame so I'm going to go for the MX upgrade. Will take my Zero X down to them in a few weeks, I guess the frames are not in yet so I will wait till Zero gets them in house.

magicsmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 08:19:11 AM »

Is this a 'new' upgraded frame in response to the snapped one in Switzerland http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/04/oh-snap-zero-mx-frame-fails-du.html or was that just a rogue?

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »

I Don't know I have never owned an MX. I can just compare this new MX frame to my X frame after the work is done. I'd have to guess this new MX frame stronger. Forgot to ask about the weight of the frames.

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »

Still no word back from Zero, about the frames now being in house to upgrade. I guess I will have to bug them.

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 02:28:34 AM »

Well Zero just got back to me...All the new MX frames are going to dealers.....End users shafted again.......

richochief

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 03:04:44 AM »

I have zero mx frame sent to me to replace original 2010 mx frame. Dealer wants other one back. Anybody had trouble with play around front wheel bearing?

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 03:45:44 AM »

Zero Motorcycles just updated me. It will be around 6 WEEKS! for me to get the frame upgrade. Ha!

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 01:40:01 AM »

Still waiting for for the MX frame upgrade.......

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »

Is it possible to get a DS 2011 frame  in Canada?

Doc

Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 06:42:01 PM »

I have zero mx frame sent to me to replace original 2010 mx frame. Dealer wants other one back. Anybody had trouble with play around front wheel bearing?

the front headstock bearing needs regular tightening and the front wheel bearings can get loose too but you cannot tighten the front wheel bearings

the MX frame is pretty much the same as the X frame except for the modified headstock to be more robust because of the failure problem and to take the other forks.

if anyone is thinking of building another bike out of spare bits i have lots of spares left too, motors, loom, bms box, sprockets etc.

maybe im a bit cynical but i read that release as absolving Zero from liability if you break the X frame whilst riding it hard, rather than being helpful and offering you a new frame, like a back door warranty recall? If you break your frame on an X and claim from them they have a record of telling you not to drive it hard and for you to get a new frame and you are bang to rights...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:43:41 PM by zap mc »
Pages: [1]