• March 28, 2024, 09:43:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Parting Out 2007 Vectrix VX1  (Read 1034 times)

kjp-2000

• View Profile
Parting Out 2007 Vectrix VX1
« on: March 06, 2010, 05:33:38 AM »

Hello,

I'm a forum newbie. Let me start with this..... This aint' like my wife's Vespa. I'm a bit of a Auto/Motorcycle hobbyist and will occasionally pick up damaged vehicles at Insurance Auctions. I bought this 2007 VX1 based on some poorly taken pictures, and not a lot of knowledge of what I was looking at in those pictures.

Build date AUGUST 2007, the last 4 of the VIN are 1392

Basically, I'm not equipped to fix this puppy, so I'll be happy to part it out to those that may need the parts. It came with no Key, and the Mileage on the Salvage Certificate says 40. I have no way to determine what the actual mileage was at the time of it's demise.

The majority of the damage was in the headlight/right side area. I have repaired many non-electric vehicles over the years, please excuse my ignorance as to my descriptions of various parts that I may not be naming correctly. I'll be honest to a fault to describe these Items and any damage that may appear to affect it's re-use.

There is damage to the two aluminum boxes under the Gauge assy and Rt Front, I assume the larger one (Rt Front) is the Charger. and the plug itself was busted out of the back of the gauge assy. Most of the frontal plastic is gone with the exception of the left faring panel and the turn signal assy. The support bracket for the faring, gauges and the two aluminum boxes is all bent up, there was some damage to the wiring harness at the smaller box.

What looks OK at this point:

Front wheel, brakes, fender fork assy.
Rear wheel, Brakes, Training arm and DC Motor assy (cant test the motor, I assume it was working to be involved in a collision)
The Batteries are intact, but I have no way to test them.
The seats have some abrasion and small tears in the cloth.

I am in Scotts Valley, California.... yea I can hear the hum of the Zero factory riders as they buzz around our small town.

I am posting these parts on eBay eBay seller kjp-2000;  if it makes it easier for a potential buyer. If you would like to make an offer on something, let me know.

The usable body plastic does have road rash, but could be painted.

I have taken a few pictures, I can take more specific pictures as you might need them.

Thanks

Kevin
kjp-2000@live.com
Pages: [1]