• April 23, 2024, 11:34:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Team Agni NOT Signed on to TT Zero (yet?)  (Read 1386 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Team Agni NOT Signed on to TT Zero (yet?)
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:47:28 AM »

According to @guyprocter of MCN...

"This will make my industry a laughing stock" - find out why Agni haven't signed for TT Zero, tomorrow morn

http://twitter.com/GuyProcter/status/9491323014

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Team Agni NOT Signed on to TT Zero (yet?)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:49:23 AM »

Yeah... I think he is a cruel man for teasing us this way.
2010 Brammo Enertia

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:53:38 AM »

Yeah, Team Agni are the team to beat on the island. Honestly if MotoCzysz is putting out 600cc sportbike performance and Chip Yates / SWIGZ is also looking to do the same I think Agni may have a tough time. Of course, they were supposed to have a tough time last year too. :D

I'm sure Agni has stepped up the performance game too. Will be interesting to see how/if Lynch maintains his "simple is better" approach to design and makes the bike faster.

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »

Here it is.
Kudos to Agni.  It's about refusing to participate if the current plan for the TTZero Paddock goes through.  Last year, TTXGP paid to have new electrical mains run to a special area for the electric bikes.  IOM just wants them all charged by gasoline powered generators.  The fact that they (IOM) see nothing wrong with this shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what EVs are about. 
2010 Brammo Enertia

magicsmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 07:49:29 AM »

Just to set the record straight, an excerpt from the iomtt.com forum, posted by Brammofan ...

==========
"Actually, I was wrong about who paid for the new electrical service to the TTXGP paddocks. It was Manx Electric.

Although the plan was for TTXGP to be scattered amongst the petrol bike paddocks for 2010, apparently they had reached an arrangement with the folks that had been placed in TTXGP's spot for this year."
==========

and a further excerpt from a Manx Government statement ...

==========
23rd February 2010
STATEMENT FROM THE ISLE OF MAN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM AND LEISURE

Following an article that has been posted on motorcyclenews.com, the Isle of Man Government categorically denies that there was ever any intention to supply teams with petrol generators for the TT Zero race.  The Department of Tourism and Leisure is at a loss to understand how this story came about as there has never been any intention to do anything other than provide power supplies by the existing dedicated distribution network.

The TT Zero teams will be situated in Paddock D and will be supplied with electric sockets to charge their bikes from the mains, as is the case with the rest of the TT paddock.

The TT Zero regulations, which were issued on 2nd February 2010, clearly state on page 26, point 16:

Charging from the mains
The machine may be charged from a provided 240 volt single phase supply of 13 Amps maximum. The charging system must be separate from the machine and comply with all electrical safety requirements including thermal overload trip, fusing and be equipped with an earth leakage protection breaker.

We have reassured Team Agni that electric sockets will be used to charge the bikes in the Paddock.
==========

and lastly a quick one from Rob Barber (iomtt.com forum again), Team Agni's 2009 winner ...

==========
This Guy Proctor is getting on my T1ts he has not once spoke to me about anything yet he's an expert on electric racing at the TT. If he had ever been to the TT then he would know it the best paddock in the UK for mains power supply. The Gennies are for the holding area and road.
==========

It's about time all this B*SH*T stopped, and the racing started!
Rob

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »

Hey magicsmoke, thanks for the info. Kinda hard to figure out who is sAying what and the context. Have a link to the discussion?

magicsmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »

Hey magicsmoke, thanks for the info. Kinda hard to figure out who is sAying what and the context. Have a link to the discussion?

Hi skadamo, yeah the link is http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostID=190063

not the most informative link, but it's the one I referenced.

cheers.
Pages: [1]