• April 23, 2024, 05:04:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: No more "Store" on Zero website  (Read 819 times)

alko

• View Profile
No more "Store" on Zero website
« on: September 14, 2019, 01:41:00 AM »

What happened to "shop" link on Zeros website? Do they no lo get have a store or did they move it?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: No more "Store" on Zero website
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 02:14:03 AM »

I assume that they screwed up some website transition.

I think it’s a very bad idea to let a part of a commercial site return 404/not found for any reason, even when migrating. They should always fully launch a new service and then redirect visitors from the old service once confirmed.

Separately, search engine indexing of the website will now be broken to some extent.

I have web scrapes saved of Zero’s website, and the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine has a reasonably good coverage of past Zero pages.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 03:18:13 AM »

I think it’s a very bad idea to let a part of a commercial site return 404/not found for any reason, even when migrating. They should always fully launch a new service and then redirect visitors from the old service once confirmed.

Separately, search engine indexing of the website will now be broken to some extent.

I have web scrapes saved of Zero’s website, and the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine has a reasonably good coverage of past Zero pages.

I just got a response from zero. They are redesigning their store. They don't have an eta yet but said it will be much better.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 05:13:37 AM »

I noticed that the other day when I was trying to look up the 6 kWh Charge Tank.  Fortunately I found what I needed at AF-1's site.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 09:38:23 AM »

Yeah, they lost all the specs pages for the older models.  And the actual link to the manuals is broken, although the old one still works - and I emailed them and they gave me it.

I bought a Zero because the website was really functional, and right after I bought it, the website was suddenly horrible.  Ugh.
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 10:47:11 PM »

Yeah, this is bad form for them. I’ll try contacting more people at Zero in case I can help them understand the impact of this shuffling on customers and so on.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 10:47:53 PM »

I just got a response from zero. They are redesigning their store. They don't have an eta yet but said it will be much better.

As I’ve already said, that’s no excuse for this.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:54 PM »

At the very least they should have a page indicating it is under construction.  But this is BAD.  Development work should take place on an internal test server and the publicly visible site shouldn't be TOUCHED until the new site is fully operational.  At least, that's how I've done it at every company I've ever worked for.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 08:35:44 AM »

Yeah, they lost all the specs pages for the older models.  And the actual link to the manuals is broken, although the old one still works - and I emailed them and they gave me it.

I bought a Zero because the website was really functional, and right after I bought it, the website was suddenly horrible.  Ugh.

Yeah, I also noticed that too about the spec pages. I wanted to double check a stat for my 2017 dsr, and the page no longer available. If I had known they were going to delete those pages, i would have taken a screen shot. Kinda sucks!

droidish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »

...I wanted to double check a stat for my 2017 dsr, and the page no longer available. If I had known they were going to delete those pages, i would have taken a screen shot. Kinda sucks!

I got a thumb drive owner’s manual with mine, did you not get one?
Michael

'17 Zero SR
'03 Suzuki DR-Z400

dittoalex

• Load the tire before you work the tire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 11:57:27 PM »

Yeah, I also noticed that too about the spec pages. I wanted to double check a stat for my 2017 dsr, and the page no longer available. If I had known they were going to delete those pages, i would have taken a screen shot. Kinda sucks!

https://web.archive.org/web/20180806041155/http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-ds/2017/specs.php

Their site has been broken since at least 2 weeks ago.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 01:46:17 AM »

https://web.archive.org/web/20180806041155/http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-ds/2017/specs.php

Their site has been broken since at least 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the screen shot.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 04:17:41 AM »

Here is a photo of the specification page from the 2017 Zero brochure.  It might have something in it that the screen shot doesn't.  Such as the estimated mileage that you can obtain from your battery pack - if ridden in the city cycle all of the time.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]